Sunday, September 7, 2008

Receiving Christ

23 August 2008 is my special day. It's the day where I sincerely receive Lord Jesus in my life. It is at Hope Church where I receive Christ. I have a new life and my spirit has reborn. God is amazing in his work. Every prayer I did, it all came true. Long ago, I went to the Chapel of Resurrection over at Potong Pasir and I was reluctant to go. But I tell myself "Why not give myself a chance to know God. If I still didn't believe, I could simply stop going to church next time." so I went. I didn't like that place.. Their culture totally turn me off.. But I still went a few times and I eventually receive Christ for the first time at the second visit. Although it wasn't sincere but I cannot explain why did my feet bring myself forward to receive Christ. So how does everything get started? Here it goes...

I tried to pray, but I don't know who I'm praying to. I just say "Somebody up there... bla bla bla". Eventually, I really did feel that someone is listening.. I really did feel that someone is acknowledging my prayer. I cannot explain why. So I prayed, "God if you are real, please get me a church where I feel at ease and where you will reveal your presence to me.". I tried my best to keep my prayer constant every night but soon I start to forget about it. Once I prayed "God if you are real, please guide me back to you again if I have been drifted away from you. No matter how reluctant I am, please guide me back." And soon I got to Civil Defense for my National Service and I am really disappointed. I wanted to sign-on to SAF initially but I actually applied for Police Force as a Junior Officer two weeks before my enlistment to SCDF. So yeah, I'm totally lost when I receive the NS letter indicate my enlistment in SCDF.

When I get into SCDF, I got to know someone call Richard Ng. Somehow, Richard wanted to go ERS but wasn't selected for it. For my case, I am selected for the ERS but I walk out from the interview because I have no interests. Soon Richard and I become friends and we start going to Camp together with another Richard's (Richard Heng) family car. We spoke about martial art and to learned that Richard Ng is interested in it. So I offer to share with him my training. We start to become close and one night, I saw Richard reading a bible. I casually asked him to bring me to his Church and he did. What an insincere request from me..

So I went and the moment we start praising the Lord, immediately I remembered all the prayers I prayed and to realize that it came true! Many decisions that I made was really casual and eventually brought me to Hope Church. Then I finally understand why I am suppose to go to SCDF. I go SCDF to meet Richard so I could come to Hope Church. Soon after I sincerely received Christ as my Lord and Saviour on 23rd August 2008. After such holy moments, SCDF offer us to sign on to ERS which what Richard hoping for! It's so miraculous in the whole stretch of incidents! I have my prayers fulfilled!

Another prayer that came true today.. 07 September 08, that my Dad received Christ! Last week I brought my dad to church for the first time, and it was the church that I am uncomfortable with. We went there and it was raining heavily! I prayed to Lord Jesus for the rain to stop so we don't miss the sermon.. but the rain continues.. We took a cab and get into the church late and I suppose the service is over. But guess what!? The service somehow started late and we're on time! Oh praise and thank the Lord! I also prayed that Lord could help me in making the service more comfortable for dad and be there to guide dad in knowing Lord Jesus. Somehow dad doesn't feel comfortable as well on the first visit. But when I reached home, dad somehow say he will go to church again next week (which is today) by his own! I really cannot understand how and why he will be willing to go to that church again and alone! He said he like the singing we did when we praise the Lord. And I prayed to Lord Jesus that Lord could enter dad's life and change his life for the better. Give dad guidance and lead a meaningful life from now onwards and dad received Christ today. Praise the Lord!

Each day, each prayers that came true.. My faith grew stronger and stronger. That is no reason I will deny my Lord. There is no reason for too much coincidence. There is no reason to doubt the response from Lord. Thank you Lord Jesus for always be there to listen to my prayer. =)

No comments: