Sunday, October 19, 2008

Water Baptism & God's Love

Hello brothers and sisters! Sorry that I haven't been blogging for quite some time yeah?! Well, the good news is Alina, myself and other new believers are baptized in Christ's name! We have died to our old self and revive again as Christ's child. We promise to repent our sin and follow Christ and obey his commandment to the end of our lives or until Jesus came back to earth! Joyful.. indeed joyful! My christian name is Ebenezer. It's a name of the stone that Samuel elevated to celebrate victory over the philistines. It is a Hebrew word that means "the stone of help". This is how I get the name. I prayed to Lord to help me in getting a Christian name and hopefully a name related to my sherpard's christian name (Richard). So the first Christian name I found in google search engine is Ebenezer!

Today I am inspired by my Holy Spirit to write this during my way home from an outing with my lovely brothers and sisters. My sherpard once tell me this: "The brothers we knew that is binded by earthly matters are temporary. But you are my brother that God comes between. For this, our brotherhood is eternal. Because God's love for us is eternal.". He said something like that and honestly I don't really understand. Today, while sitting at prata shop with Zhi Jian and Alina, I explained what is it by being spiritual, and the answer came to me. During my thanksgiving prayer while walking home from where Zhi Jian dropped me, my Holy Spirit inspired me to blog it.

In this world, everyone of us has a personality and conscience. Why do we tremble with fear when we attempt evil deeds like murdering or robbing? And why do we feel joy and happiness when we attempt good deeds like giving or helping? Because there is morality in us. Whether we are a believer or not, this Moral Law still affects us. The value of morality in us measures how spiritual we are. Giving and helping others without recognition, condition or repayment is unconditional love. God teaches us to love others one another like how Jesus love us, unconditionally. No matter what kind of person we are, Jesus still love us. As a Christian, we must shine for God in following Jesus' way of life and love. For my personal experience, I have receive unconditional love from my brothers in church. Especially my sherpard, Richard. I can feel with my heart that he is always monitoring me and my growth. He would help me and love me without repayment or recognition. He has always been there feeling for me. (hope u understand e previous sentence). My other brothers too always share their blessings with others without anything in return. All of us also support one another with emotional needs. Whenever I see my brothers, I feel that they have filled the emptiness in me and Christ came among us. No word can describe this feeling. I always have a very strong desire to meet my brothers and sisters. I really need God and them with me so much! By obeying the commandments of God, we experienced what unconditional love. God is nurturing us to achieve greater Act-Of-Love. In these exchanges, I feel God's love among us which spoke in silent yet loud promise of eternal bonding.

Brothers and sisters, I sincerely thank you guys for filling up the emptiness in me as Christ came among us. I Love you all! I Love you even more, Richard! I Love you even even more, Jesus!

Dear Jesus, today is the day that we, the new believers, chose to die to ourselves and born in Christ. Lord, this is to declare our faith to you, repentance, and promise to obey your commandments as a new born self. We thank you for providing for our needs and guide us in this long journey on this earth, and we know that you will always be with us to guide us along with your great plans for us and our trust in you. Lord, please bless us with the Strength to win against the temptation of satan. Lord, please purify us and teach us the best moral with your way of life. Lord, please allow the Holy Spirit to remind us to always soften and open our heart to you, Lord, so that we could have you dearly in our life. Lord, I also want to pray for the lost soul who have yet to receive you as their Lord and Saviour. Lord, please bless shine the light onto their path and show them the way to the Truth, which is the ultimate joy when we unite in you, Lord. Lord, I thank you for forgiving us of our past sins and continue to guide us and strengthen us to fight against satan's will. Lord, we need you very much in our lives. Lord, thank you for comforting us in your love. Lord, thank you for being here listening to us. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen!

No comments: