Sunday, October 5, 2008

My method to exercise prayers

Hello brothers and sisters! Hope you're having a good day! Well.. if it's no good, doesn't matter aright..? We have downs so that we receive the opportunity to pray to Lord and exercise our relationship with him. We have ups so that we show appreciations and gain greater faith to our Lord. It is heart wrenching to learn that sometimes as a Christian, we don't feel God and turn dry... My peers told me that it's pretty normal and encouraged me not to backslide when the time comes...

In the beginning of my walk with Lord Jesus, I am already prepared for this day to come and I'll make sure I don't backslide. At the same time, I begin my faith by focusing a lot in prayers and reading bible. This blog as a sharing medium also play a part in occupying my time speaking about God. You know, I love to talk to people about our God... I just don't know why? Isn't it weird if I keep talking about God to people? haha~ so whenever I feel inspired or I feel like talking about God, I'll be here! Knowing that my words can be seen by you guys all the time! I really feel sense of comfort in me and for that I really want to thank God for making internet possible! And thank to you readers too!

This post, I want to share about my weird habits in exercising our relationship with God. I may have posted something similar before.. but I still hope you guys would read'em..! haha~ So.. what are the reasons are there for us to pray all the time? Every little little things in our life we can pray about it, but sometimes if we keep repeating our prayers, isn't it boring? Recently I have this inspiration about this thought (maybe a bit kiddish), which is the very very basic reason for us to pray about, that is, pray and give thanks to Lord that we're still breathing! What I mean is that.. as you know God created us, give us life and give us breath, the moment when we're conscious and alive, it proved the existence and presence of God. For this, we could give thanks to Him! Whenever we get to pray for others, it is a privilege God gave us.. so we can also pray and give thanks to it! While we're traveling or waiting for friends, we can also pray and give thanks to Lord for the time given to exercise our prayers! Scientist says that we can have up more 10,000 thoughts per day and or every thoughts we have, we could do it as a prayer in a form of sharing with God! For some of you who know me, I practice martial art and especially now that I'm serving NS, I have less commitments, I could spend more time praying to God. If I am brainstorming about how to improve my martial art training, my fight styles and etc, I make it as though I am discussing them with God. A life, a living thing, who has a pumping heart and brain, is a creation of God. Our existence determine the presence of God, therefore every ability (including the usage of a brain) that He gave us, we use them wisely and with God.

So, exercise prayers more.. Pray for:
1) Faith
2) Purity
3) Love
4) Wisdom
5) Spiritual Gift
6) Strength
7) Forgiveness
8) Sensitive to presence of God / Holy Spirit
9) Guidance
10) Advise
11) Discipline
12) Talent

Soo many things to pray for! Remember to give thanks okay! Let's pray for now! Oh ya.. today I have no inspiration to blog, so I wanna thank God for inspiring me on this post! =D

Dear dear Lord Jesus... Thank you for inspiring me in writing this post! Lord I thank you for giving me plenty of strength and guidance! O Lord this moment, I want to pray for some specific brothers and sisters... I want to pray for those who find themselves turning dry and lost in touch of your presence Lord. May you fill your spirit in them again and remind them of their First Love with you Lord. The times when you are with us during our struggles. The gifts you gave us to satisfy our needs. The comfort you gave us with your Love. Lord, we understand that your plan for us is the best one and it is far beyond our intelligence. Therefore Lord, we just need to have faith in you, remember how much you love us and trust in you and your great plan. Lord only you know what is best for us and we live our life and destiny in you, Lord. Lord, bless those who are in need of your wisdom to clarify doubts. Remind them that doubts are attributes of faith as doubts are the stepping stone for us to gain greater faith in you. Lord I am also unsatisfied with the amount of faith I'm having, Lord I pray for your blessing once again to strengthen us and our faith. Lord thank you for your presence here listening to our prayers. In the powerful name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen!

No comments: