Monday, February 16, 2009

My Victorious God

Some people say you're just a prophet. Some people say you're wise. Some people say you're just a man. But I say you're God. You are my victorious God. Thank you Jesus for bringing victory into my life. I know I will always remain a victor as long as I live in you. Victory will not come easy but I will persevere to the very end. My shepherd taught me to live the Word of God and not just reading. To let the Word of God be a shield that the devil cannot penetrate. Lately I have acquired this shield. I thought it was never possible. I overcame temptations many times when I hold on tight to Jesus' name and pray before it becomes too much for me to handle. I learned to be more responsive towards the Holy Spirit and be patience to wait upon the Lord. I learned not to rush before God's timing. I learned to trust in the Lord even when the devil stood right before me. How long will I be able to maintain this spirit of victory? -- As long as my life remain surrendered to Christ.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear not evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely Goodness and Love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

No comments: