Friday, January 16, 2009

Spiritual Growth

Wow today God really bless and touch my heart. 16th Jan 2009, I took my off day and I rest at home with God. I missed the meeting with Bao Ren so therefore plenty of time spent with God. Early in the morning I woke up and felt my heart closed. I am dead worried. I sat before this screen and watch several online sermons by Paul Washer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuabITeO4l8

This sermon really helps me in understanding the faith of salvation. I cried 4 times during this 1 hour sermon. It really saddened me when I realize how ungrateful men are. Jesus died on the cross bearing our sins and His blood cleanses us, yet we treat this precious blood like pig's blood. Many christians certainly neglected the basic foundation of faith. We should not take it lightly when our Lord die on the cross for us, the pain and torment He alone went through for us. So that we may be saved and be blameless before the Heavenly Father. He also speak about the meaning of entering the Narrow Gate in Matthew 7. Take some time to watch this sermon yeah? =) It is helpful.

I learned that I am a sinner and God love me as sinner. He knows I am weak. I should not let guilt of repeated repentence hinder me from reaching to God. Because to be saved is not to say the sinner's prayer once and repent once but to continue repenting of ourselves. Because we will definitely sin tomorrow. As long as we are conscious, temptations are around us. Sin may or may not be known to us. Since we are weak, we ought to seek God's power and blessings of strength to fight against temptation in our lives. Temptations will cloud our sight to the Truth. Therefore we need God to renew us and put us back on the right track when we drift away. Never be ashame to seek God's strengthening when we sin against God. God knows we are going to sin and that is why the more we must seek his strength as a weak man. But it doesn't mean we don't make effort to avoid and resist to sin. Beware and be known of God's wrath! God love the good therefore He hate the evil.

The prayer meet followed at 7pm ++ is awesome! Pastors were excellent! Anointed by God! I feel more connected with God through this prayer meet. I am even more convinced that I am strengthened because Jesus love me. This sentence spoken by one of the pastors kept repeating itself in my mind. It says: "Let's not try to be positive by ourselves but fix our eyes on Jesus." I know how tiring it is to keep myself up to God's standard in my spiritual life by my own effort. But I learned the true way of being godly and holy is to love God. Love God and everything I do shall be motivated by His love. I enjoyed the dancing, jumping and hands raising to God as though God is going to pull me up to heaven anytime. =D

Thank God for the day! It was great. I cannot imagine my day without God and how dull and moody I will be. When God is alive in me, I am never empty, I am never hollow. I am filled with his Spirit and bearing the fruits of spirit. Love, joy and peace.

No comments: